|Dear Volunteer / Tourist
We are in an ecological community founded in 1979, from the beginning we follow the tradition of Bhakti Yoga. Our farm is located in a land called “Magyar Puszta” this place used to be full of animals, wolves, foxes, precious birds, beavers and other animals. However, due to an irresponsible dictator, many lands disappeared as well the animals that lived there.
Notice: Our season to receive volunteers / tourists begins at the end of April and concludes at the end of September
Nandafalva is located 150km south of Budapest and 25km north of Szeged.
From Budapest you have the option of taking a bus or train to Szeged, which is the nearest city to Nandafalva.
From Szeged there are two buses that leave daily and direct in the afternoons towards our farm. One is at 13020 and another at 15.30pm, both leave from platform number 9 from the Mars Ter bus station in Szeged. The route is Szeged-Zöldmezö TSZ Major via Szatymaz. You should ask the driver to take you to Nandafalva, the Hindu temple which is the second stop, taking about 50 minutes.
What activities can you join?
- organic vegetable gardening
- you can learn how to use traditional tools like the blowing machine for cleaning the wheat, 100 year old milling mashine, scythe etc.
- baker’s trade
- you can explore your art skills (paint Indian figures and motives on the wall)
- building traditional summer oven
- making and installing solar panels
- making ecological mud bricks
- organizing our animal right and eco campaigns if you are graphic designer or a marketing expert
- beautify the temples, flower gardens and rock gardens
- As we always construct something you can do construction work, mandala-art painting etc.
- By living in contact with the nature one can experience inner peace
- learn the ancient wisdom of healthcare and healing science of ayurveda
- learn to focus your mind with the science of yoga
- know yourself through meditation
- observe the birds and wild animals
- observe the sunset and sunrise
- mantra meditation
- learn more about vegetarian diet and cooking
- pure life without intoxications like alcohol, drugs and cigarettes
- expand your awareness
- wonderful Indian art, painting, Indian classical dances and music
- agni hotra yajna (Vedic fire sacrifices)